Evidence suggests that only around one-third of staff at Australian universities have a secure employment contract. In medical research institutes, research staff are often reliant on fixed-term grant funding for their employment.
Using real-life examples from Bronze Award applications, we’ll show you how to explore employment security in your institution’s workforce.
Relevant section in the Athena Swan Bronze Award application form
- 3.1(ii) for higher education institutions
- 3.1(ii) for research institutes
What we’ll discuss
- Which staff are more likely to have a secure employment contract
- Whether casualisation is always a bad thing
- Balancing job security and flexibility
- How casual employees may be an untapped pool of talent
Sign in to read the full article.