About the role
The Communications Manager is responsible for driving the strategic direction, developing, planning and delivering a diverse range of communications and strategic stakeholder engagement activities to support SAGE Ltd.
You will lead, develop and implement SAGE internal and external communications, media and public relations strategies. You will develop the profile through generating media exposure and public interest opportunities, strengthening SAGE national and international profile, enhancing awareness of SAGE and its subscribers’ achievements.
Using your expertise, you will have the opportunity to grow the communications function and influence stakeholders, government and engage in the wider conversation on gender equity, diversity and inclusion.
As a member of a small team, this role requires you to be hands-on to achieve the objectives of SAGE.
Roles and accountabilities
- using expertise to develop and implement a communications strategy, covering all communications channels, including communication to our stakeholders, government as well as digital channels, the website, social media channels.
- create engaging written and visual content that connects with people and captures a diverse audience.
- regularly monitor and analyse analytics and performance metrics on the communications and resources, actively identifying key trends and developing strategic advice.
- manage and develop the SAGE brand and create marketing strategies and campaigns aimed to attract and retain subscribers, supporters and sponsors.
- establish and maintain engagement with key stakeholders, including academics, media and government.
- manage, coordinate and support SAGE events.
- undertake other duties as required.
- strong creative content and design experience, with the ability to generate new ideas and overcome barriers to achieve results.
- demonstrated experience in developing and driving related communication strategies, goals, workplans and managing organisational communications.
- excellent written communication skills.
- high level stakeholder engagement and relationship management capability.
- skills and capacity to effectively manage media engagement and liaison in both social and traditional media, online communication and public profile raising.
- ability to build and sustain positive, mutually beneficial relationships with team members, stakeholders, and vendors.
- demonstrated capability to operate as an effective representative of the organisation.
- demonstrated keen awareness of, and interest in, gender equality issues in the workplace with the ability to quickly learn about a subject matter in detail.
- relevant tertiary qualification and experience or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any combination of education, training, and experience.
- advanced skills in publication production software and tools.
Terms of appointment
Salary package ($110,000 – $130,000 including 10.5% superannuation contribution) commensurate with expertise and experience will be negotiated with the suitable candidate.
The location and working hours are flexible; the role is available on a 3-year fixed term contract on full-time or part-time basis.
How we work
We value our staff and encourage our employees to be adaptable and collaborative. Our staff are key to our success.
- a culture that is committed to achieving results and values innovation
- flexible working arrangements, including remote working arrangements (work from home)
- excellent working conditions
- attractive salary packages including superannuation and a range of other benefits.
Further information on the position is available from:
Name: Janin Bredehoeft
How to apply
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply via SEEK by providing:
- Your resume; and
- A cover letter summarising how you believe your skills and experience would be a good fit for the role (max 2 pages please)
Applications close 11 pm Sunday 29 January 2023.Apply via SEEK
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
SAGE values social and cultural diversity. People with diverse identities and lived experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. SAGE is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.