What we are looking for
A credible and capable Executive Officer who understands the different value, role and accountabilities of the Chair and CEO. A self-starter who ensures that their time is well aligned with the priorities and needs of both parties. Your success in this role will depend on your ability to develop close relationships with both, be a trusted confidante who inspires and earns the confidence of the Chair and CEO and whose work maximises their collective impact.
Your clear, thoughtful and considerate communications will position you as a strong conduit and connector with the SAGE team and stakeholders to ensure effective and timely information flow to support the delivery of SAGE strategic priorities and objectives.
You possess a growth mindset, are achievement oriented, and are a proactive problem solver. You have sound judgement, are methodical and organised and have excellent time management skills.
- Develop and maintain trusting and accountable relationship with the Chair and CEO so that you can support them responsively and effectively.
- Proactively anticipate and manage competing priorities, triage and apply sound judgement to make decisions where appropriate to communicate information, prioritise activities and deliver outputs.
- Manage the Chair’s and CEO’s schedules and diaries and coordinate with the SAGE officers to arrange travel.
- Ensure accurate and timely management of, and response to, Chair and CEO correspondence.
- Work closely with the Company Secretary to facilitate the Chair’s and Board’s contributions.
- Coordinate the CEO’s direct line management of the SAGE team.
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external networks, relationships and information flows.
- Proactively identify risks, issues, challenges and opportunities with the Chair and CEO, undertake research and prepare briefings to ensure they are briefed and positioned to respond in a timely manner.
Success looks like
- You earn the trust of the Chair and CEO as you achieve quality and timely outputs, confident that priorities are completed and that issues requiring their attention or decision-making will be raised and acted on efficiently.
- The SAGE team are enabled to respond to the Chair’s and CEO’s requests through your effective coordination.
- An accessible, reliable, prioritised and well-organised Chair and CEO offices that deliver to the needs of SAGE Board, stakeholders and partners.
Capabilities you bring
- Proven experience supporting senior executives operating across complex and diverse stakeholder environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work confidently with a range of stakeholders, including a Board, wider team, and leaders from the education, research, government and business sectors.
- A demonstrated track record of effectively triaging and decision-making across time horizons, focus areas, relationships and priorities.
- Proven experience producing high quality written communications on behalf of the executive you support.
- Evidence of a commitment to confidentiality and integrity.
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative, together with the ability to work with ambiguity and independently.
- Science in Australia Gender Equity Limited (SAGE Ltd) is a not-for-profit public company limited by guarantee. SAGE Ltd’s Board of Directors is chaired by Libby Lyons and is responsible for the corporate governance and strategic vision of the Company.
- At SAGE, we are guided by our vision for Australia’s tertiary education and research sector to be leaders in best practice gender equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Flexible working arrangements and location
- Opportunity to be part of a values-based small and agile organisation
- Supportive work environment
- Paid Christmas closedown
- Generous employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- Options for salary sacrifice
For further information on this role and the salary package, please contact Shauna McKay by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted via SEEK and include:
- Resume; and
- Cover letter, which should be a maximum of two (2) pages. Summarise, including evidence, how your skills and experience would be a good fit for the role.
Applications closed 22 August 2022.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
SAGE Ltd aims to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects difference. We are committed to workplace flexibility, and we encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, abilities, genders, sexes and sexualities.